Sunday, May 26, 2013

Square Inch Gardening Part One


A few weeks ago, I suggested to my daughter Michelle that she might like to try gardening, which she did. She liked the idea so much, that she decided to start a blog about it as well. At that point, she suggested to me to blog about my own garden. I had to think about it, because I wasn’t feeling in a writing frame of mind, then we were having some crummy weather and I didn’t have a chance to take photos until now and I wasn’t certain what/how to write about my progress (Michelle's helping me create and post this via Skype).

Last June, my husband Don and I moved into a ground floor apartment with not much of a yard. As a matter of fact, we found out over the winter that the “yard” behind out apartment was nothing but a mud hole. It was also full of blackberries and weeds with a section of fence missing. So when the weather started getting better, we decided to fix it.





Don cleared a bunch of the blackberries out, and we dug up as many of the weeds as we could. 


More to follow (I'd put together a 27-page word document containing text and photos, which Michelle told me today to break up into parts).

2 comments: