Sunday, May 26, 2013

Square Inch Gardening Part Three


Continued ...

Later on, we went out to my mother-in-law’s place and collected some of my gardening things that we had stored out there; the mini-greenhouse, some decorative “fence” sections, two trellises, copper solar-powered patio/ garden lights, my potting bench and assorted large and small gardening tools.

Don discovered we needed to replace the electric motor head for his Ryobi power gardening tool, so we bought a new one at Home Depot. He used it to till the soil where I wanted to put the garden.


After the soil was loosened with the mini tiller (the same one used in my daughter Michelle’s mini garden), we bought 3 cu.ft. of bagged mushroom compost from the local Fred Meyer garden center. Don spread it over the garden area and tilled it in. We put the two trellises and the decorative fence sections in place after that. We also placed the solar patio/garden lights, but had to replace some with new ones, which I purchased at Dollar Tree (8 silver), Wal-Mart (3 black) and Target (1 silver one).

To be continued in Part Four ...




No comments:

Post a Comment